Thursday, April 21, 2011

Home

This past week has been so crazy busy, that there is no time or energy to write, even thought there is a plethora of things I would love to tell you about.
 Kristin and I have new work out plan. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we worked out our arms by sanding and painting an entire house. Today was legs, while we scrubbed up all of the paint that was spilled off of the floor with our shoes and some gravel. :) We have been having a blast working. We never have a lack of help, even though most of the time we end up cleaning up after them more often than not. The kids in the village hear us coming each morning and come a running to help us.
We get to go to church every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday which we dont understand, but have so much fun goofing around with the bored kids, that service passes by very quickly. It is crazy though how even in the midst of the language gap, you can be enveloped in God's presence and get lost in worship with your brothers and sister, even if you dont understand eachother.
We are quickly making friends with the moto bike taxi drivers. They seem to really like driving the two American girls around and giving us marriage proposals. We never have had to stand for more than 30 seconds before a taxi comes up out of no where to pick us up. I wish we could ride around on the back of  motorcyles in Portland every day.
There is a house that we walk by every day that has two toddlers who live there, and I think the only thing they know how to say is "good morning" in English. from bright and early till late at night, every time we pass by we hear little giggles and squeals of delight as the two little guys shout good morning to us. Oh what Joy!
I have been blessed to make a special connection with one of the girls who lives at the pastor's house. The pastor's house is a refuge for girls who either have no family or were sold into prostitution or were in dire circumstances. Now they have a chance at life and such joy every day. This girl's name is Fafund. I dont know her story, but I do hope to get to know her better. We bonded in the way girls do in the states... talking about boys. I told her that she could marry my little brother. I think it would work. She seems pretty excited, I'm not too sure how my little brother will feel about it. We now call eachoter sister and she says we are "cafe au lait" she is the coffee and I am the milk, and together we are great.
Sorry this is so incredibly random and not too fluid, but I suppose that is what you get when you work and play hard all day.
Well, till next time I have a chance, be blessed. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment