Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A lovely day in the Lord’s Kitchen.

Today was a nice break from the taxing work of construction and garbage pickup. 3 other women and I had the blessing of working in the Lord’s Kitchen.  We got to sort rice and beans. Now, this may sound like a tedious task, but it was one of the most wonderful things I could have done today. Picking out burnt rice grains and deformed beans in and of itself is not fun but it was wonderful for the conversation it facilitated with the other delightful ladies I got to work with. One of my favorite things about Forward Edge trips is that we get to share our testimonies with one another. I was so blessed getting to hear what God has done in these women throughout their lives. All over the Old Testament, God tells Israel to tell their sons of what God had done for them; to tell of all the miracles God had done to bring them out of Egypt; to tell of His wondrous works in the wilderness. I got to hear hours of these stories from women who have walked with our wonderful savior for years. I got to hear about God our redeemer, God our healer, God our comforter, God who still works miracles, God who still speaks, God who has knit us together from before the foundations of the earth, and has great plans for us. I was so blessed by these testimonies. This is the God we serve.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are back in your element and seeing how the Lord has worked, and is working in Haiti, and in our own lives as well. Blessings sister!

    ReplyDelete