Saturday, April 16, 2011

Phantastic

This evening, Kristin and I were laying in our luxurious queen sized bed reading George McDonald's Phantastes out loud to each other and I realized that I feel like my life right now could be a chapter from this book. Today we drove from smoggy, grimy Port-au-Prince into the crisp, beach air of Jacmel. We drove into town and it was comfortinlgly familiar, as if we were returning home from a long day of work. I was getting more and more excited by the minute as we approached our hotel, but we drove right by it. I didn't feel like asking our driver why he didn't stop, so I let him go on and see where he would take us. We drove up the street and pulled into a place I had never seen before. He said that Pastor LaFleur (the pastor we are working with) had changed plans. We warily walked into this new hotel, not knowing what to expect and were astonished to find a hotel nicer than any I Have ever been in the States. I'm sure we are staying in no less than one of Haiti's nicest buildings. I will take pictures in the daylight and post them for you :) our room is perfectly pink! We can't believe God's grace upon us. We were expecting to stay in the "Best Western" of Haiti and instead got the Hilton.
Another blessing is the lack of need for security detail on us at all times. We took a walk into town and were delighted to see local life all around us...without 5 guys following us at all times (Don't fret Dad, we are being safe).
We can't wait to see what God has in store for us in these upcoming months, but if this homey feeling continues, we may have to extend our trip ;)
Thank you all for your prayers!
Love you!
Be Blessed!
Dani

1 comment: